Skin problems start at mainly during the teenage period due to lack of proper knowledge about
skin care routine
Hormonal changes accompanied by clogged pores due to dust grime, pollution and sweat due to long hours of outdoor playing or outing with friends or going to school and college and tutions,
Lack of right amount of facial cleansing and face care routine.
Teenagers should be guided by an adult regarding the benefits of skin care and how to do this right at this stage itself. So here we give you some skin care tips.
13 Skin Care Tips for Girls:
1. Teenagers easily get lured by amazing glitzy glamorous celebs showing off new launches of products on the television but they should be cautious as to which products suit their skin type and skin condition. Elders should guide them regarding this. Choice of a wrong product only makes the situation or a skin problemworse. They may even end up with an adverse skin reaction.
2. Teenagers have the habit of grabbing and munching away on stuff like chips and rolls and sodas and aerated drinks, pizzas, burgers and French fries. This they think is healthy since it’s all junk food and whatever is tasty to them is healthy to them. But good skin care comes with a good healthy and balanced diet combined with the right time for eating, and in right amounts is essential. The diet should include lots of leafy vegetables, proteins, eggs, fish milk and milk products, along with fresh fruit juices.
3. Before you start finding ways to take care of your skin, you need to know your skin type, i.e, whether it is oily, dry, normal or combination skin. Once you know your skin type, use products accordingly. Also try avoiding to many products at one go. They can cause mix reactions to your skin, especially in those tender years of growing, where there chances of changes in the body.This is one of the most basic of face skin care tips for girls ever.
4. Always wash your face with a mild cleanser every morning and night. Avoid using harsh scrubs that will only harm your skin and worsen any acne problems that you might be having. If dry skin, make sure that the cleanser you use has moderate amount of moisturizing properties, while the oily skinned people can look for oil free cleansers.
5. The sun can be very damaging and can cause premature ageing, hence always make it a point to step out of the house only after wearing sunscreen. Re-apply it if you are going to stay outdoors for long. Make sure that the sunscreen you use if of good brand and high quality. Check with your dermatologist for the right SPF required by your skin. It is important to apply sunscreen atleast 15-20 minutes before going out in the sun. Sunscreens will help you protect the skin of the damaging UVA and UVB rays, which are known to cause wrinkles, fine lines and blemishes. This is a must for teenage skin care tips. 6. Skin should be cleansed twice a day and since just cleansing is not enough these days, so the process of cleansing, toning and moisturizing should be introduced to them as early as possible. Since if pores are clogged pimple breakouts may happen. Otherwise if that pimple breakout is due to hormonal change then that is different though. Exfoliation is not really necessary at this age but still mild exfoliation can be done once a week.One should be gentle to their skin at this stage, whenever you are washing your skin, do with gentle hands, don’t rub skin with the towel or a rough cloth vigorously. 8. While choosing cosmetics, always ensure that they are oil free or it could lead to blocking of pores which results in acne. The market offers a variety of products to cater to each of your personal skin care needs. So check with your dermatologist as to which products could suit your skin, especially since your skin is tender.7. If you experience an onslaught of acne on your skin never pick at them to get rid of them. Breaking them only aggravates the problem and leads to scarring. It also is better not to touch them with your fingers, as they carry bacteria, that further could harm your skin.
9. Moisturizing your skin everyday is very important. A moisturizer helps to increase the water content of the skin’s top layer. It helps to hydrate the skin. Always check what level of moisturizer is needed for your skin
11. Also make it a point to drink lots of water each day. Drinking the right levels of water will help you keep your body and skin hydrated. It will also clean your body inside out, kkeeping you free of acne, blemishes and other skin issues. It also will help your skin glow, shine and be more soft and supple.10. Never go to bed without washing off your makeup. Leaving it on will not allow your skin to breathe. When the makeup is not removed, it can also clog your facial pores, leaving them dirty. This is likely to react with the skin to cause rashes, acne, dark spots and other makeup reactions.
12. Do not forget to follow a CTM ( Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing) skin care regimen. This will help you keep your skin beautiful and wrinkle free for years to come.
13. A person of this age should invest time in enough rest, free hand exercises and waking up early in the morning and going to sleep early as well as the proverb speaks that early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy and wise. So young men i.e., teenage boys and teenage girls should follow this proverb. There is always the stress of studies no doubt and that shows on face. Like your brain needs rest so does your skin and eyes. Teenagers should also avoid long hours in front of the computer or tv since it can snatch away the good vision power of their eyes. The more the skin is relaxed the more the eyes are relaxed the lesser premature aging and lesser the dark circles at an early age.