It’s not too long till the Christmas parties and silly season drinks get started. With Christmas party season coming up here are really easy tips to take your make-up from your every day look to your ultra glam party look! It’s the one you’ve been waiting for you’re primped, pampered and ready to party! We’ve got tips from the beauty experts to make sure you sparkle on the dance floor, from your glossy locks to the tip of your manicured fingers.
The Best Christmas Party Makeup Tips
- Mineral makeup like is ideal for Christmas parties as it’s long-lasting and oil-absorbing so you won’t be shiny in photos.
- If your eye make-up has creased or run, blot the area gently with a tissue, thenuse a brush or sponge to smooth out the remaining color. Apply a little translucent pressed powder over the area to catch any excess oil and then top up your shadow and liner as needed to intensify your party look.
- Apply a little foundation or concealer under the eyes to highlight and brighten the centre of your face, which will also help to hide the effects of a long day at the office.
- A durable make up base is essential for any party perfect Christmas angel, to make sure you stay looking flawless from the dance floor right through to the after, after party!
- For dry skin, exfoliate once a week and use a mineral primer under your makeup to make sure foundation glides on smoothly and stays put.
- Smokey eyes quickly change your look from day to evening. It’s easy to do; start with a dark, smokey charcoal color such as Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Shadowstick in Black Pearl.
- Glitter is a must for the Christmas party season and you can use as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. You can choose glitter eyeliner and eyeshadow and even lip gloss in a metallic shade.
- Emphasize your lashes! Use a double coat ; a good quality mascara won’t damage lashes even if used day and night – use mineral mascara or go with high-impact false lashes – cut them to fit your eyes and then apply after mascara.
- Red Christmas lips: Apply lipstick with a lip brush before using a lip liner. Blot the lipstick after the first coat to stain the lips. Apply the lip pencil, the lipstick will help it glide on smoothly. Apply a second coat of lipstick using a lip brush to freshen up the lipstick and edges.
- Nail: One way to add some show-stopping sparkle is with 3D nail wraps, they’re quick, easy and eye-catching. Over a silver nail polish, apply to a dry, oil-free nail and seal with a long lasting clear polish for nails that dazzle.