The first one I tried was the Jojoba Lemon Facial Cleansing Cream. However, I couldn’t find my bottle of jojoba oil (I know it’s here SOMEWHERE!) so I substituted coconut oil. I don’t know if that substitution is where I went wrong…but this facial cleanser just didn’t ever really work out for me. It was too waxy/oily feeling and the consistency of a cleansing cream…which has never been my favorite. But if you are a cleansing cream enthusiast, you might like this one.

Jojoba (Coconut) Lemon Facial Cleansing Cream
1 tbsp. beeswax
3 tbsp. jojoba oil
1 tbsp. witch hazel
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. borax
6 drops lemon essential oil
Melt the beeswax in a saucepan, using low heat.
Add the jojoba oil (I used coconut oil) and beat, using a hand mixer, for about 5 minutes or until it reaches a creamy consistency.
Heat the witch hazel and lemon juice in another saucepan just until warm, and then stir in the borax to dissolve. Add this liquid mixture to the cream and beat with a mixing spoon until well combined.
Set aside until the cream is cool.
Mix in the lemon essential oil and spoon into a container.

natural facial cleansers

The second recipe I tried was the Olive Oil Facial Cleanser from The Prairie Cottage. I have had this recipe in my To Do Files for a long time because it really looked appealing to me.
Olive Oil Facial Cleanser
2 teaspoons liquid face soap or baby wash
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons glycerin
1/2 cup olive oil
Pour ingredients into a food processor or blender.  Mix until thickened, smooth and creamy. To use, pump a quarter-size amount of cleanser into your hand.  Gently massage into your neck area, face, eyelids and eyelashes for about one minute. Remove with a warm washcloth. Rinse washcloth in warm water and gently remove any remaining dirt or makeup off your face.
Keeps for up to a year.
For some reason this one didn’t thicken up like I THOUGHT it would (based on the instructions.) ItDID, however, do a nice job of cleansing my face and left it feeling clean AND moisturized.
natural facial cleansers
Third on the facial cleanser rundown was the Anti-Aging Lemon Facial Cleanser made famous by Dr. Oz who claims the acid from the lemons will rid your skin of outbreak-causing bad bacteriawhile the healthy probiotics from the yogurt will infuse your skin with good bacteria.
Lemon Facial Cleanser
1 tbsp natural yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
2 drops essential lemon oil
Mix all ingredients together. Soak a cotton wool pad in mixture and remove makeup. Repeat with fresh cotton wool pads until make up is removed.
As you can tell by the small measurements of ingredients…this recipe is for a one-time application. This mixture will not keep, so it should be used immediately. While that is somewhat of a drawback to this formula…I LOVED the way it felt on my face (not to mention the wonderful lemony smell)!  This cleanser was in SERIOUS contention for my FAVORITE out of the four UNTIL I tried the fourth.
natural facial cleansers
The fourth formulation was the Homemade Honey Cleanser from Towards Sustainability.
The advantages of this recipe are that it is easy and quick to make and that it contains HONEY! I personally am in awe of the seemingly magical properties of honey. (Many of which I haveposted about before.)
Honey is a natural humectant so it absorbs and retains moisture in the skin. Honey is also a natural antioxidant which helps protect the skin from the damage of the sun’s rays, AND it absorbs impurities from the pores on the skin, making it an ideal cleansing agent.
Homemade Honey Cleanser
3 Tablespoons honey
1/2 cup vegetable glycerine
2 Tablespoons liquid castile soap
Mix ingredients together. Apply to face and neck and massage into skin for at least 30 seconds, allowing the cleanser to loosen dirt and debris. Rinse face with warm water.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty Care And Tips © 2014. All Rights Reserved.